“Journal of Audio-visual Media and Technologies” is a refereed journal published in both Chinese and English by Department of Radio and Television at National Chengchi University, Taiwan. It not only promotes academic research in areas of radio, television, telecommunication and new media, but also facilitates practical professional experience sharing among scholars. Since 1991, it has called for article submissions paired with rigorous double-blinded peer reviews for periodically publication of this highly reputed, representative journal. This highly regarded journal provides intellectual space for scholars and experts from diverse fields to share their innovative and insightful research achievements. In 2019, Journal of Audio-visual Media and Technologies was affirmed the third most cited for the Taiwan Academic Resources Impact—Knowledge Communication Award: Communications Field.
Launched in July 1992, this journal publishes twice a year. The publication is overseen and published by the faculty members of Department of Radio and Television at National Chengchi University, with an editorial committee consisting of noted international or national scholars. This journal strictly follows international academic norms with an austere blind-reviewed process. We welcome original submissions of academic articles, book reviews related to radio, television, film, video, telecommunication and new media in both Chinese and English, as long as they have not been previously published in other academic journals.
Purposes and Features
1. Encourage original research regarding advancements in audio-visual technologies, and telecommunications, as well as new media convergence for scholarly exchange within research communities.
2. Focus on audience analysis and impacts of electronic media on the contemporary society.
3. Deeply plow research on industrial policies and practices in the fields of broadcasting media, film, and telecommunications.
4. Continuously develop diverse and innovative interdisciplinary communication research.
5. Provide a platform in Asia for publishing and sharing new knowledge in the field of communications.